Monday, October 13, 2014

Halloween No-Sew Runner Tutorial

Hey there friends!  Hope you're having a great week so far... can you believe its already mid-October?  I know I can't, which might explain why I'm just now starting to decorate my home for Halloween.  I'm starting with this No-Sew Halloween Runner:


I found this great ghost-stamped burlap at Joann's a few weekends ago and knew I wanted to use it for a table runner.  I had intended to sew it but couldn't get the mojo to bring out the old sewing machine so I used the next best thing... a little hot glue.  My plan is to just spot clean as needed so the glue was a great option here.

No Sew Runner


Halloween No Sew Runner

This runner is super-simple to make:

You'll Need:
2 yards burlap (longer if you have a longer table)
1 yard white muslin (or other fabric)
pom pom trim
hot glue

Instructions:
1.  Cut burlap to desired width.  Mine is 16 inches wide.

2.  Pull burlap threads along long sides to create frayed edge.

3.  Cut muslin to desired length.  Mine is 10 inches long.  Width of muslin should be double the width of your runner.  Mine is 32 inches.

4.  Fold muslin in half to find middle of width.  Hot glue midpoint to the midpoint of the burlap.

5.  Beginning on one edge, secure the fabric to the burlap with glue as you gather in even puckers.


6.  Next, hot glue pom pom trim just under the top edge of the fabric.




7.  Repeat on the opposite edge, and that's it!  Enjoy your runner!

No Sew Runner


No Sew Runner

Halloween No Sew Runner

I'm already loving my new table runner, and I love how easy it was.  I foresee more holiday no-sew runners in my future... I can already imagine some red and turquoise christmas fabric with natural burlap!

I'll be back with another Work it Wednesday post and will be sharing more details on that cute lazy susan gracing my table... make it a great week!

Linking here:
Inspiration Gallery
Inspire Me Please

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails