Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Duck Tape Office Tray

I started a new job about a month ago and with it will come a new office space… meaning a new office space that will need décor, right?  My office is still empty right now, a boring beige shell, so I thought I’d make a fun office tray out of a plain wooden tray and some fun duck tape.  The end result is a snazzy inbox for my future work digs!

Duck Tape Office Tray Customization

I started with a basic wooden tray and duck tape that I bought with a coupon at JoAnn’s.

photo (62)

I chose metallic gold and green moroccan trellis duck tape for this project, although the selection of patterns was pretty incredible.  I obviously have been living under some sort of duck tape rock and had no idea that it came in so many colors and patterns.  And I call myself a crafter…

Anyhoo, this project was super simple.  I simply cut the duck tape and applied.
Okay, it was a little more involved than that, but not much.  I added the gold tape to the straight sides first, then cut strips of the trellis tape to line the interior of the tray, lining up the pattern to make it continuous.  I smoothed the edges of the tape with the back of my fingernail to help it adhere.

Moroccan Trellis Duck Tape Tray

The ends with the handles were a little trickier.  I traced the curved portion onto the tape and cut out, cutting into the tape in the curve of the handle so I could wrap the tiny pieces around the interior of the handle.

Metallic Duck Tape Tray

And that was it – easy peasy.  Now I have a fun little place to collect papers and inter-office mail all while adding some color and a little nod to Liberace in my boring beige office space.  Can’t wait to move in!

Duck Tape office tray

Metallic Gold Duck Tape Tray

Have you made over anything with Duck Tape?  Surely I’m not the only person who didn’t know all these colors existed!

Linking here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails