Monday, April 7, 2014

Decorating for Easter

Easter’s coming up in just a few short weeks – and I’ve slowly been adding touches of Easter décor around the house.  I’ve been avoiding the Easter items at Hobby Lobby so I won’t be tempted to bring anything new home and I’ve limited myself to using what I already have on hand.  Make do and make it beautiful, right?

Bunny Vignette

I’ve discovered over time that I have a thing for bunnies… I just love the element of sweetness a bunny brings to a room.

Easter Tree Vignette

There’s another little bunny hiding on top of my Chicken Wire Curio.

Easter Egg Wreath

My Mod Podge Easter Egg and pompom wreath came back for another visit.

Easter Mantel Bunny

And more bunnies on my mantel… with a container of robin eggs that taunt my “I’m giving up sweets for Lent” self.  Never.  Again.

Easter Egg Decorating

It isn’t Easter without eggs either, so I have this fun little container of pastel eggs on my Aubusson Blue side table.

I’ve been thinking about making an Easter table runner this week, but I’ve got to get some sewing mojo going.  My sewing machine is tucked away right now and I’d really have to want to make this runner to pull it out of the closet.

Do you decorate for Easter?  Is your décor more traditional with the easter eggs and bunnies or do you decorate to celebrate the risen Christ?  I’d love to hear what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails