Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back to School Mantle 2013

Saying goodbye to summer break is never easy, so we celebrate going back to school in my home by decorating for it like it’s a holiday (pretty tricky, right?).  I showed you my Back to School Apple Wreath and today I’m sharing my Back to School Mantle!

home.made. Back to School Mantle

I reused some of the elements from last year’s Back to School mantle, including the Mod Podge ABCs and the glittered apple garland.  I used the garland this year on my ruffle fabric tree (which I made for Christmas but seems to live on my  mantle year-round… another plus for neutrals!).

home.made. Apple Tree

Next to the tree is a stack of books and flash cards topped with a miniature globe.

home.made. Notebook Paper Garland

My garland this year is notebook paper bunting with “SCHOOL!” stenciled in red.  The bunting was strung on some twine for a quick, easy garland.

Back to School Mantle letters

The Mod Podge letters from last year were still in decent shape so I used them again.  A glass container holds markers for a fun, colorful nod to the school year ahead.  I have several of these glass containers and sadly, none of them have lids anymore due to a couple curious kiddos reaching for whatever treat was housed in them at the time and knocking the lid on the floor in the process.  But we’ll just pretend that I left the lid off on purpose to show those cute markers, right?

I find it so hard to believe that it’s school time again… but I must admit that while I love the fun of summer, I do look forward to the routine that school tends to rejuvenate.  Hello normal bedtimes, can I get an amen?

home.made. Back to School Mantle Idea

Hope your kiddos are having a great start to the school year too!

Linking here:

Savvy Southern Style

Inspire Me Please Party

The Inspiration Gallery

Fabulously Creative Friday

Somewhat Simple

Whipperberry

Tatertots and Jello

Funky Junk Interiors

Too Much Time

I Heart Naptime

Three Mango Seeds

The Sunday Showcase

Home Stories A to Z

Inspiration Exchange

Power of Paint Party

The Scoop

Tuesday’s Treasures

The 36th Avenue

Transformation Thursday

Be Different Act Normal

It’s Overflowing

Beneath My Heart

Happy Housie

4 comments:

  1. Yes - Amen to normal bedtimes for sure!! I love your mantel - just did a back to school mantel myself:) Your decoupaged letters are adorable!! I would love if you had the chance to share this great post at our new mega-party Work it Wednesday if you haven't already. Each link will be shown on 4 blogs! Work it Wednesday

    - Krista @ the happy housie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda! This is so cute!! Thanks so much for sharing it at Work it Wednesday!! I am sharing this on my Facebook page today:) Have a great Labour Day!!
      - Krista

      Delete
  2. Very adorable! I love when people decorate for different reasons besides the Holidays.

    Thank you for sharing!

    Team Craftwell
    blog.craftwellusa.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love it when people decorate for other reasons besides the obvious holidays!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Team Craftwell
    blog.craftwellusa.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails