Saturday, June 15, 2013

DIY Father’s Day Beard Mug

Father’s Day is tomorrow, so if you are still in need of gift for dear old DAD, how about a DIY Beard Mug?

What You’ll Need:

001

  • A plain white mug (I found my “kit” at Hobby Lobby on clearance
  • Paint Markers (Be sure the package says it works on ceramic/porcelain)
  • Beard template (I found this clipart and simply held paper up to the screen and traced!)

To transfer the beard tracing to the mug, I placed the tracing face down and did a pencil rubbing on the opposite side of the paper.  This technique allowed a faint transfer of my original beard tracing to the mug surface.

002

Then, I took my fine-tip paint pen and followed the beard outline.  Allow the outline to dry and then fill in the area with a medium-tip paint pen.  Allow to dry and touch up as needed and that’s it!

Just in case you want to add a little something else to your mug… here’s the opposite side.  Mr. home.made. and I are avid watchers of Duck Dynasty and their Happy Happy Happy motto and, well, if the beard fits:

Using the same transfer technique, I added this Duck Dynasty spin for dads everywhere: Daddy Daddy Daddy!!

Happy Father’s Day to all of you dads out there!

Sharing here:

Tatertots and Jello

It’s Overflowing

Be Different Act Normal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails