Monday, May 6, 2013

Easy Fabric Garland

If you’re looking for a quick, inexpensive way to spruce up your mantle, a fabric garland is the perfect project.  Mine took me all of ten minutes to make from fabric that I had on hand and brought instant cheer to my wood mantle.

I used four coordinating fat quarters from the local quilt shop, making cuts about one inch apart along the shorter edge and then ripping the fabric into strips.  I then doubled them and pulled the tails through the loop over a piece of twine.  Your fabric “knots” slide easily along the twine so you can space them evenly… and that’s it!

I’ll be a little scarce over the next few days as I’m having surgery Wednesday morning – it was completely unplanned so it’s rocked my world a bit, but I hope to be up and around soon.  Projects will be put on hold for a bit while I recover – prayers for a quick recovery and for healing are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of life…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails