Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mother’s Day Wreath

Mother's Day Wreath

One of my most popular posts is my Father’s Day Wreath tutorial.  With Mother’s Day right around the corner, I thought it was high time I made a wreath for me moms too!

035

I headed out this weekend to gather my supplies: a wreath form, some grosgrain ribbon, and this snazzy shirt from Goodwill.  I’ll be honest – I felt very guilty cutting up this shirt.  It’s from Loft and looked fresh from the dry cleaners!  But… seeing as it was an XS petite and there was no chance in heck that I’d ever fit it, out came the scissors.  I simply cut around the ruffled collar and down the button placket as in my original tutorial.  Rather than twine, I wrapped the wreath form with grosgrain ribbon secured by pins.

Mother's Day Wreath Close

I took one of my old necklaces and dressed up the neckline and then added one of my own flower brooches…

Mother's Day Wreath 1

I used chipboard letters that I had on had and painted them a cheery yellow to coordinate with the brooch – Moms everywhere are cheering, right?!

Mother's Day Spring Entry

The wreath is a fun addition to my front entry and my Spray Painted Mat and it’s a great way to say, “Moms Rock!”

Do you decorate for Mom’s Day, or am I the only one?

Linking up with these fun parties:

Finding Home

Somewhat Simple

Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

twelveoeight

Savvy Southern Style

Shabby Creek Cottage

The 36th Avenue

Tatertots and Jello

Craftberry Bush

Inspire Me Please Weekend

Friday Flair

Funky Junk Interiors

Be Different Act Normal

3 comments:

  1. How cute! I love this wreath! I am a new follower from southern charm! I hope you will check my blog out and hopefully want to follow me back! Have a great day, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great wreath; very creative and unique. If you have a minute to spare I'd be thrilled if you could link this up to my weekly Say G'Day Saturday linky party. I am also inviting pinning bloggers to join my Mother's Day group board on Pinterest to pin their own Mother's day ideas. The details are all at my blog if you'd like to join in!

    Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo pretty Rhonda!! Thank you for sharing with us this week at the Pretty Things party. Hope to see you back tonight for another great party!!

    xo, Tanya
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails