Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Printer’s Drawer Wall Storage

When you’re making over a room on a slim budget, you learn to rethink old items for new purposes.  Such was the case with this vintage printer’s drawer.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it’d be the perfect wall storage for my daughter, lover of all things tiny and shiny.

You see, my daughter’s never met a trinket, a lost item, a special treasure that didn’t somehow make its way home with us.  She’s part hoarder and part treasure hunter.  Call it what you will.

After giving it a good cleaning, I secured it to the wall with drywall anchors (this thing is heavy!) and she got to work filling up all of the little cubbies.

Among the treasures… shark teeth, lava rocks, bendaroo sculptures, and a tiny antique iron horse she scored on one of mama’s treasure-hunting expeditions (my term for going to my fave thrift stores).

This is part of the never-ending safari room makeover that I started at the beginning of the summer… there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I’m happy to report.

Until then, if you can’t find me, I’ll be buried under a pile of my little hoarder’s stuff.

What creative ways have you repurposed items for your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails