Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Fever

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"

I love springtime, when Mother Nature provides such a bountiful reminder of new life sprung from the barren earth of winter.  With our warm temperatures, we’ve gotten a good head start…

A hybrid tea rose I found at Home Depot – the first of many rose bushes to come…

The hibiscus that survived last year’s drought…

Our bottle brush plant – I love how the red florets magically appear, like fireworks!

My new rosemary plant that I hope to season many meals with in the future…

Tell me, how does your garden grow?

1 comment:

  1. I love bottle brush! I don't have one, but it's on my list for next time I feel like digging up more sod & planting more pretty stuff! I recently planted some salvia bushes, copper canyon daisies, verbena, & a random assortment of annuals. If you care to see some pics, I posted some on my blog a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails