Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Home Goals for 2012

We moved into our home a little over a year ago.  The few months leading up to that were quite a whirlwind… it took over two months to close on the sale of our previous home (after we had already moved out and leased another place), my oldest started kindergarten, then we decided to back out on building a home (losing earnest money in the process) and bought this one instead.  To top it off, we were able to sublet the place we were renting (thank you God!) but that meant moving out on a Friday and having the place cleaned and move-in ready for the next morning.

It felt like we were just getting settled when my youngest fell and broke her jaw and our world was rocked again.  By the grace of God, she avoided having her jaw wired shut but we still endured six weeks of a blended diet with a three year old (not to mention the corneal abrasion she suffered post-operatively).

Several weeks later, the flu got the best of all of us but my husband.

To say we were exhausted is an understatement.

I had such great plans for our new place, but had no energy to get the long list of to-do’s accomplished.

Enter 2012.

Along with many other bloggers, I’ve got a long list of things to do in my humble little abode this year, and I am bound and determined to get these all crossed off by this time next year!  Here are my:

 

 Home Goals for 2012

  1. Repaint my living room and hallways.  (Turns out that I don’t like the previous homeowner’s shade of gold as much as I thought.)
  2. Make curtains for my living room and dining area.  (Unless I find a great deal that even Dave Ramsey would approve of…)
  3. Add stenciling and Board & Batten to my front entry.  (Nothing would make my heart sing like a wall of white B&B and perfectly placed hooks.
  4. Repaint my Master Bedroom.  (Olive green.  Everywhere.  Enough said.)
  5. Repaint my kitchen cabinets.  (I’ll go into this in more detail later, but let me just preface by saying that oil-based glaze really does turn yellow.  Yeah.)
  6. Finish recovering those gosh-darn cushions for the outdoor settee.  (I can do this… only six more to go!)
  7. Give my daughter the safari/jungle room of her dreams.  (In moderation, of course.)
  8. Paint stripes.  Somewhere.  (Half-bath, perhaps?)
  9. Refinish our old armoire and convert to a home-office.  (This idea looks great in my mind.)
  10. Hang things on the wall, already.  (Blame the painting, folks.  Or my lack of commitment.  Whatever.)

 

So that’s it.  Whaddya think?  Can I do it?

Here’s to a productive and refreshing 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhonda!!! I'm Kassi, new follower from the Scatter Girls blog link up! ;) You have a great list of home goals here! Several of mine include painting as well! And curtains!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails