Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Transformation Thursday at Shabby Chic Cottage

TT button BLUE
Every Thursday, I love opening up my reader to see what's going on over at the Shabby Chic Cottage, where Gina hosts Transformation Thursday.  It's a linky party featuring reader projects of everything from clothing upcycling to recipes to redecorating... my favorites are always the furniture transformations, and I'm hoping one day soon to finally be able to link up!  Here's what I'm working on...



That, my friends, is the beginning of cushion recovering!  The previous owners of our home left us an outdoor settee that while in decent shape, was in need of quite a bit of TLC.  First up, recovering the nasty, faded, dog-haired cushions.  Ick.  (And yes, some of that dog hair belongs to our pooches, so don't think I'm a dog-hater!)  I've got almost two done and about seven to go.  It's slow going with the kids going to bed on their summertime schedule.

Late bedtimes = less sewing time.  Boo!

Don't worry though; I'm determined to get this done.  Next up is a new spray paint job for the frame.  Oh, and for the awesome vintage bed I scored for Big Sis.  And a paint job on the chest of drawers I scored for my entryway.

Oh yeah... lots of transforming to be done around here.

And did I mention that I've been put on a crafting budget?  More on that to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails