Saturday, February 12, 2011

{Puppy Party} Welcome to Six...

It was a special day for a very special girl...


Although she's not technically six yet, having a party for a big six year old was quite a milestone, probably for me more than for the birthday girl.  Six.  She's not a baby anymore... *weep*


She asked for a puppy party - so a puppy party it was!  Here's a little peek of the fun that was had today:


Looking through the pictures, I wish I'd have captured more of the setup.  There was a "Puttin' On the Dawg" table, where the kiddos donned puppy ears and had puppy faces painted.  There was also a "Decorate Your Pooch" table, where they decked out their little cardboard dogs with crayons, markers, glitter glue, pom poms, and rhinestones.  Messy and fun!

We played "Dog Trainer Says" outside since we were blessed with fabulous weather.  This is a doggie version of "Simon Says" - the children were given dog commands to follow but were eliminated if the Dog Trainer didn't say to do it!  I think they enjoyed it a little; what do you think?!


I still can't believe it was 20 degrees and icy just five days ago.  Unreal.

But now to the coup de grace... the cupcakes.  It's always about the cupcakes around here.


Oh hai.



What else for a puppy party than little yorkie and westie cupcakes?  These were modeled after the ones in Hello, Cupcake!, and were quite the hit.  I have to say, these little guys were a lot of work, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I want my daughters to look back on their birthdays growing up and remember all these crazy cupcakes their mama made them!  (And their auntie too... she's always my right-hand gal ;))

These little food labels were made on Picnik - I think they turned out pretty darn cute for a photo editing site.

We ended the day with presents and a pinata - so everyone gets to go home with goodies.  Parents, you're welcome very much for the crapload of sugar I sent home with your child today.  Hee.

It was a fantastic day... full of fun, laughter, friends, family, sunshine and smiles.  It was the perfect celebration for a pretty amazing kid;  an amazing kid who is growing up faster than her mama might be ready for.  (First Six, then Sixteen, right?)

My fears (and tears) aside, my baby girl's pretty excited about growing up... and I wouldn't want it any other way.


Happy Birthday, my little Katydid.

I love you to the moon and back.



1 comment:

  1. i'm still in shock that you MADE those cupcakes! you are one talented mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails