Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Craft Oops

After my in-laws picked up my children yesterday for a sleepover, I knew my crafting clock was ticking by so I hopped in the car and quickly headed to the local quilt shop to grab some fat quarters destined to become coffee cozies for my girls' teachers.  I fell in love with the fabrics from the Summertime line so much that I decided to make all the cozies from the same line. 

Using the free pattern from House on Hill Road, I whipped up these beauties in no time at all:




Feeling all accomplished, I was ready to wrap these up... but thought, I'll leave 'em out so Big Sis can pick out which one she wants to give her teacher.

Enter Oops moment here.

Being a first-time kindergartener mom, I completely forgot that Friday was her last day of school til after the New Year!  Doh!  Guess that means this Christmas gift will turn into a New Year's gift... Mom's gotta get her act together next Christmas.

Oh well, the best things in life come to those who wait, right?

Riiiiiight.

I finished Big Sis' christmas dress last night and hope to finish Lil Sis' today.  I think it turned out pretty cute, but it has to pass their ever-scrutinizing fashion test so keep your fingers crossed for me that the little prisses  princesses like it!  I've also decided to add a special little accessory, inspired by Kate.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails