Friday, December 3, 2010

Better Homes and Gardens-Inspired Wreath

The current issue of Better Homes and Gardens has some amazing decorating ideas for Christmas, one of which was a fabulous wreath adorned with yarn "ornaments".  As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to do the same for my front door.  Here's their version:


And here's mine:



I used a large wreath that I found at Target, complete with berries and pinecones.  BHG's yarn ornaments were made by pinning the end of the yarn into a styrofoam ball and then wrapping away.  I decided to use some plastic ornaments that I bought for 50% off and used hot glue instead to hold my yarn, tacking every now and then as I wrapped.  I had some flashback moments to making center-pull yarn balls by hand...  The copper glitter ornaments were too pretty not show, so I threw some of those in there as well.  Then I wrapped the yarn tails around the top of the wreath form and tied in a knot to anchor.  Easy peasy!


And gorgeous... it's beginning to look like christmas around here!

Stick around - I've got another wreath to show you later... and it involves yarn too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails